Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and as for every year a lot is expected of a true gentleman. But why not break with tradition this year and go for something a little more worthy of a modern gentleman?
By now we all know a gentleman should be able to cook something nice. But preparing a nice dinner for his beloved is only one way for a gentleman to spend the day/evening. This is why we collected a few not so traditional ideas of what to do on that special day that may be a lot of fun and she might love them just as much. Tell us in the comments or on Facebook which ones you liked and maybe which ones we’ve missed.
- Go to a book store to find your favorite books and put little paper notes in them as a surprise for the buyer (just don’t tell them the ending).
- Take a pair of boots and a camera and visit the closest big city to create a photo book about the adventures of the invisible man.
- Go looking for a building with security cameras and stage a little mute play in front of it for the security people to enjoy. Repeat at various buildings.
- Dress to the nines and go to the next car dealership pretending to be a wealthy couple and try to take an expensive car for a test ride.
- Buy chalk and go wander around the city marking your way with drawn arrows every now and then. At the end of the scavenger hunt place a little item as a price with a note saying to put something there in exchange for the price for the next person to find the spot. Check in the following day to see if someone left you something.
Ideas for rainy days:
- Build a fort out of furniture and pillows and start a paper plane war.
- Get a movie that you both haven’t seen yet. Watch it on mute and make up the dialogues yourselves.
- Go to the airport or train station and get tickets for the next cheapest flight/train and stay there for the night exploring the city.
You have more ideas? Share them with us in the comments or on Facebook.